Securing the wire connection with the speakers has never been an easy job. But thanks to the banana plugs that get the task done in seconds.
Although banana plugs are not new in the audio industry the recent interest of users made them the talk of the town. Still, do banana plugs fit all speakers?
Banana plugs are highly compatible and fit with almost all speakers. In order to determine if your speaker has this type of connector, you will need to look at the back of the speaker. If you see two small, round holes that are close together, then your speaker is compatible with banana plugs. If your speaker only has a clip connector, then banana plugs will not work with your speaker.
With this and more, stay with us to find out how to connect banana plugs with speaker wires & more.
How to connect banana plugs with speaker wire?
Once you get a high-quality banana plug, all you need to do is; cut, peel, twist, and screw the nuts, and you have successfully connected the banana plugs with speaker wire.
Here is the step-by-step procedure;
- First, cut the wire to the desired length.
- Take one end of the wire and separate the cords.
- Take a plier and peel the covering to expose the inner wiring.
- You need to peel about 1/2 inches of the separated cords.
- Don’t exert pressure while peeling the jacket. If so, you will end up cutting the inner wiring.
- Twist the bare wire in a clockwise direction after removing the jacket.
- Now take the banana plug and slowly insert it into the bare wire.
- If the banana plug keeps falling, twist the bare wire further to secure the fitting.
- Use your thumb and index finger while attaching the banana plug.
- The pair of banana plugs will be in two colors; red and black.
- Connect the banana plug with the red strip to the positive cable; while the black strip with the negative cord.
- Hold the banana plug and unscrew it halfway.
- Insert the cord into the plug using your other hand.
- Once you feel the wire has reached the end and can’t insert further, screw the bottom to secure the plug.
- Do the same with the other separated cable.
- Now connect the speaker wire with your receive or the back of the speaker.
Do I need banana plugs for my speakers?
If you are looking to improve the connection in an easy-to-use and effective way, then banana plugs can be a great addition. They provide a better connection and also give a neater look.
Nevertheless, you can use banana plugs if your speakers wear out often since you have to move your equipment. Keeping all gossip aside, the best benefit banana plugs offer is the effortless connection with the amplifier.
Following are the top reasons to figure out whether or not you need banana plugs for your speaker.
- If you have to plug and unplug wires regularly
- If your speaker got damaged frequently
- If you move your speakers and equipment often
As you can see above, there is an easy way to determine whether or not banana plugs will fit your speakers. However, in most cases, banana plugs will work with any type of speaker. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to improve your speaker connection, banana plugs are a great option! But if you think they will improve the sound quality they will not.
What are banana plugs used for?
Banana plugs are used to connect audio equipment together. They are typically used to connect speakers to an amplifier or receiver.